The Nasarawa State Social Investment Programmes (NSSIPs) was established to impact positively on the lives of the poor, vulnerable, unemployed and those at the bottom of the financial pyramid without access to funding, to ensure they are availed the opportunity to better lives. The programmes are aimed at graduating Nasarawa indigenes from poverty by investing in the people through direct support and capacity building.
The programmes were designed by adopting the Federal Government’s National Social Investment Programmes (NSIPs) while carefully tailoring them to fit the unique challenges and specific needs of the people of Nasarawa State. By domesticating nationally set standards and interventions that have been impactful at eradicating poverty, at the state level, the NSSIPs will be imperative to secure any recovery or growth gains.
The sustainability and impact of Social Programmes requires frameworks and guidelines that aid in aligning key players (public, private and civil society) within the space to development objectives, maximizing the efficiency of dedicated funds, consolidating local and foreign aid/support towards one overarching objective, and deploying enabling technology for to automate key processes.
The Nasarawa State Social Investment Programmes were created to impact value and bring economic and social development to the people of Nasarawa through capacity building, Investment and direct support. The coordinating office would ensure:n
Our Current Programme
Here are our Statistics… Numbers tell a story
- Improve the living conditions of households of the poor and vulnerable with access to targeted funds.
- Reduce rate of youth unemployment.
- Eradicate malnutrition in school age children by partnering with the FG’s school feeding programme.
- Promote access to financial services and increase rate of financial inclusion.
- Stimulate Productivity and growth, especially in our rural communities through investment in Agriculture and rural businesses.